I guess I've been too (you guessed it!) busy to post haha.. The single most repeated word in my life.. busy busy busy
And guess why I'm not busy now? Because I've been incapacitated by two injuries, both on the same foot.. First was a torn ligament round about IBG and then I continued training because I thought I was recovering and I sprained my already injured ankle.. Good job! =)
Being injured has been good and bad.. I'm now suddenly more free since my nights are no longer taken up by sports and I spent the first Saturday of my life in NUS having a free morning to have a leisurely breakfast and spend the day with friends.. The bad part is I'm extremely sedentary and I need people to help me with everything, even down to helping me get meals.
It gets to me that I've had to relinquish my independence like this.. but now I'm forced to interact more with people and I don't have the option of hermit-ing myself in my room anymore haha! I finally found the time to catch up with ever so many people, those that I've let slip away slowly for far too long..
I think alot of things have happened to me this past two months.. One of the major things was the accident at YIH in August. It was shortly after I tore my ligament and I was making my way to training at SRC. The crossing at YIH has blind spots on either side and I think it was by the grace of god that I was not the one hit even though I was the one with an injured ankle already. I just crossed the road when the girl crossing at the same time got hit by an oncoming car. I heard a loud bang and in the split second I turned around I saw her fly onto the middle of the road and landed face down. I think it's during times like this when people's reaction tell you the most. Her friend's closest to her started screaming and crying, one woman with her son screamed and covered her son's eyes, people at the bus stops just stared or took pictures. Did you know that 995 can have a busy dial tone? Interesting huh..
I ran towards her and she was sprawled on the road in a pool of blood whimpering.. Apparently Shane was in the car behind the driver that knocked her over and tried to get help from UHC which was closed. The cars on the other side of the road were still driving by so I sat next to her and fanned the fumes out of her face while trying to keep her awake by talking to her until the ambulance came. It's interesting to see that even a year 3 medic is as clueless as a civilian as to how to help in a case like this. They have this booklet to refer to in case of emergencies but that wasn't much help. We had random people coming up to offer aid, like an indian guy who told us he was a first aider and tried to move her (which we stopped him from doing cus it wasn't a good idea), or a chinese guy who came up and told us he was a counsellor (which we wondered how it would help really). In any case that incident really made me realise that I'm the Lord's protection is essential, because all things considered I should have been the one to be hit since I was a half lame girl crossing a busy road with a split second to spare.
My 21st was awesome =) I had several celebrations instead of one big one. I definitely know that last year, the people I thought would be around me turned out to be very different from what I expected =)
Celebration with family!
Birthday Chalet! <3
Gang outing and Sheesha! ^^
Midnight Chilli Crab =P
Prezzies!
I was quite overwhelmed by everything he did for my birthday. He got a cake from Cedele on my birthday night celebration in Garrick's room which he went to town to get. To me that was already more then enough, but then he took me for a surprise dinner at the Jewel Box to also celebrate our anniversary (which turned out to be more awesome because there was a live band and we danced under the stars =D) and if that didn't turn out to be all. When we came back his room was filled with candles and my birthday present was on the table with a card and a rose =) I was actually pretty much overwhelmed by that point because well, it was alot of thought and well.... money =S But it was extremely sweet of him <3 and that is his nature after all.. One of the reasons why he's such a dear =) He even helped me to plan alot of the aspects of the chalet which I swear I couldn't have done alone and as a result I had an awesome birthday!
But on a side not, I'm actually surprised by the number of confessions/suddenly-asking-me-out I've gotten since I became single.. It's kinda scary cus they just pop out of the woodwork like woah ok.. Thankfully I managed to settle a few but there's some ehem others that I need to address soon.. including an ex-senior from AB.. Boy so the stories are true o.0
The one with the most drama is Sheikh.. I never knew someone could feel that strongly about someone after knowing them a short time.. but that's another long story.. Something about Science Kings and me isn't there? Darryl was also another one last year.. Ohwell I'm pretty happy with who I'm with now, albeit I'm keeping it a less serious relationship. Keeps the expectations low and the stress level manageable =P I don't know if you're reading this but even though we both called it quits, I still took a while to fully accept that it wasn't going to work out because I so wanted it to.. There were times I think back and wonder if I did the right thing, but I guess it was the best for both of us =) Can't believe I talked to Jason about it today haha.. it's been so long.. but you'll always have a special place in my heart =D
1:48 AM
_Me
Debz
10sept
Virgo
NUS Life Science Major
Ex-NUSHS
MO8601 Grad Class of '08
Archery <3
Taekwondo
Tennis
Photography
Blue Orange
MAN U!!!
_Count
Till The End of My Two Years:
_You
_Wishlist
Driving License!
Samick Masters/W&W Inno CXT riser!!
New carbon arrows!
Paua shell !!! <3
Charms:four leaf clover, x'mas, dog, cross,
_Words
_Past
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
| Get a hit counter here. |