In any case, it's not my fault.. CNY this year was pretty toned down.
My dad's side didn't even celebrate cus my grandfather passed away recently.. and we totally skipped the New Year dinner on my mum's side =P
But somehow we still got our hong baos even though we didn't go (wow they have such faith in my mum ^^)
Had reunion dinner at home.. An interesting change of pace but Mum managed to make it tasty despite last minute ingredient shopping =P
Tuesday, we went to my paternal grandmother's house for a visit even though no one was celebrating.. My grandma was very amused to see how much my brother changed since she last saw him ^^
On Thursday, I went all the way to Tampines (don't ask me why I agreed) with Bryine to Temasek Poly where I met up with Saran. I was given a short and very *ehem* informative tour and we had lunch. We were supposed to play Need For Speed but my com, being the uncooperative piece of junk it is, refused to let me load it.. SO I ended up playing badminton in a skirt! (again don't ask me why I agreed) and I taught Saran and Bryine how to play table tennis! Boy... Saran was going crazy playing against me hahaha.. He's such a small kid sometimes ^^ Gee joined us for a little while and then we all went to the library where I managed to catch a few episodes of Clannad.. The whole day we managed to bump into just about EVERYBODY whom they knew and who knew them and I got the same interesting look from each of them =P Ohwells..
After that I had to rush back to Orchard for dinner with my god-grandparents at Hard Rock Cafe. It seems that I have turned the appropriate age for the do-you-have-a-boyfriend type of questions ^^ I was wondering what I'd start getting that from my relatives...
I wasn't really expecting any hong bao this year but surprisingly I got quite a comfy sum this year..
I came home to find that my parents had bought my brother a black rayskin katana!! I opened my front door and it was sitting right infront of me! It really looks so good!! My gosh I'm so jealous of him!!!!!!!
On Friday something interesting happened.. I had a fight with my Manager! Yeah even I'm shocked as to how it happened but anyway how it started was that I came back to work to find that my hours had been cut by a lot while others managed to get a lot... I smsed and asked her for more hours and I was trying to emphasize that I'm not asking for frivolous reasons. Then surprisingly she smsed back and accused me of:
1. Not wanting to throw the trash
2. Not wanting to do washing
3. Not wanting to do the OFS orders alone.
She said that I should correct my attitude so that I would be more deserving of the hours I'm asking for. The thing is, what she accused me off couldn't be further from the truth and the fact that she accused me without bothering to find out if her impression of what I was doing was true really infuriated me!
So I smsed back and told her point blank that:
1. I don't throw trash by myself because I can't reach over the wall of the chute, but I DO pack the trash so that the guys can help me throw it to which they can testify!
2. I do ALOT of washing and just because she isn't there to see it doesn't mean I don't do it! I even stayed back to help my supervisor clear the large pile of washing in the back after a big lunch rush to which she can also testify! The only time I said anything was when my co-worker told me to serve in the front while she would do the chores behind but still left me all the washing to do even though it was her job.
3. I have been doing the OFS orders in the morning since the time Serena was the Manager and that was what, 2 years ago? I've been doing this and I can even do it with my eyes closed, so my attitude toward this is not the same as some trainee trying to skive on duty. I am fully prepared to do it all but if there is someone to help with the packing then I am very appreciative for the help. So if asking her help to do the packing is construed as my reluctance to do the orders by myself, God help us we should NEVER ask her to lay a finger on anything!
So surprise surprise, having refuted all her accusations, she turns to the lamest possible demand which is that I should come earlier for work which is expected of everyone! So having nothing left to work on she has no choice but to take back what she accused me off..
Then she showed up at the store unexpectedly and it was to my credit that I remained civil. Eventually both of us made polite conversation but the peace between us is precarious..
From what my co-workers tell me, her style of management could do with a whole lot of improvement and that she is inexperienced in this field. Sometimes I think she acts more like a mum then a manager.. -eyeroll-
In any case, today I had work in the morning and tkd right after that.. I'm so gosh darn tired >.<
10:44 PM
_Me
Debz
10sept
Virgo
NUS Life Science Major
Ex-NUSHS
MO8601 Grad Class of '08
Archery <3
Taekwondo
Tennis
Photography
Blue Orange
MAN U!!!
_Count
Till The End of My Two Years:
_You
_Wishlist
Driving License!
Samick Masters/W&W Inno CXT riser!!
New carbon arrows!
Paua shell !!! <3
Charms:four leaf clover, x'mas, dog, cross,
_Words
_Past
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
| Get a hit counter here. |