Today I came to work and found out my architect had finally taken leave to get married.(finally! XD) So with the layout for the magazine completed I was left without a project and had to ask what else I was needed to do. Eventually the Director decided to let me learn how the firm presents their proposals for briefs from clients and asked me to work on constructing the presentation for the residential development project in Tangzhou Beijing,China.
He sat down and ran through the normal format for all the firm's presentations.. They have standardized formats for every aspect and they keep everything really simple and uncluttered. The format of the slides are different from what everyone else normally uses and the slides changes with each new point they talk about so that the clients can easily connect the images with what they are saying.
The presentation has several segments. One of the first few things they present is the site plan then the site analysis.. after that comes the design proposal and other aspects but for today I concentrated on trying to get a map of the location on Google earth and use AUTOCAD to edit the site plan so that it could be used in the presentation. Not being able to read Chinese wasn't really helping XP so I had to get help from the new architect I'm attached to. She's really much nicer then the one who's on leave now. She's way more patient and much more amiable. I realised that maybe my architect being a junior architect meant that she was actually under a lot of pressure to perform and ends up venting in all the wrong places whereas the one I worked with today is,
1. a mother
2. a senior architect and is able to hold her own..
or maybe it's just that my architect isn't a very nice person.. *shrugs*
In any case I wonder if I can switch to work with this architect because I work quite well with her and I do things a whole lot better and I'd readily go a little further to help her out..
I talked with one of the interns over lunch today and she only confirms what I already feel about this whole industry. However she did bring up an interesting point concerning how to climb the corporate ladder by first joining a smaller firm when you first graduate from uni. We also talked about the courses in NUS which I went to look up on for my English "Job Application Letter" assignment ^^
Seems archi students are always busy busy busy..
This firm has also surprised me in my preconceptions of a large firm. In my design team everyone pulls their weight(or at least is supposed to) This is a far cry from some of the smaller firms the other intern was telling me about where the director and senior architects just sit around and think and leave most of the drafting and planning to the others..
Sunday 10th August
You know I never realised Nathan Hartono looked well... good ^^ I always thought he was a much older guy but it turns out he's around our age! Gosh why did I never know before? =P hahaha
Oh and guess who I saw outside my window today.. BatPigeon!
In other news, library duty is giving me a real headache. I mean I'm very easy going, I don't mind if you guys dicuss or game or watch videos just DON'T GET CAUGHT for god's sake and don't do it to a point where other people complain and I get into trouble with the boarding masters!.. Do you guys really want me to be the evil librarian and go around chasing people?? I'm not that free, I have homework to do during duty as well you know! So please give me a freaking break!
1:10 PM
_Me
Debz
10sept
Virgo
NUS Life Science Major
Ex-NUSHS
MO8601 Grad Class of '08
Archery <3
Taekwondo
Tennis
Photography
Blue Orange
MAN U!!!
_Count
Till The End of My Two Years:
_You
_Wishlist
Driving License!
Samick Masters/W&W Inno CXT riser!!
New carbon arrows!
Paua shell !!! <3
Charms:four leaf clover, x'mas, dog, cross,
_Words
_Past
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
| Get a hit counter here. |