It's actually really tough to try and figure out how to use it because it's a command based programme and unlike Photoshop, it requires that you remember all the commands to draw effectively. In order to practice, I was assigned to draw out my designs for the floor plans of one of the 4 houses in the project. In the beginning I was so inept that I spent half and hour trying to find a way to precisely attach the bathroom sink to the wall! ^^
It was very frustrating not knowing at all what I'm doing but the architect made me borrow the "textbook" which included recommended dimensions for just about anything for them to follow when they are planning. I must say that it does come in pretty useful for someone who has no experience in this field. By the end of the day, I managed to finish the ground floor toilet, the laundry room and the kitchen. It gets pretty fun once I more or less got the hang of it though =D
So far, I find that in the office their is little to no interaction between any of the co-workers except during lunch break. Of course this is to be expected since this is typical of an office job, but I can't help but wonder.. is this what I want to do day in and day out for a good part of my life?
One of the architects told me that many of them become disillusioned with the dreams they started work with because eventually they discover that in the end, they come to work at 8 leave at 6 and in the whole day, what did they do? Perhaps only made some changes in the design of some project. In the end, the dreams of greatness and creating designs that influence change dissipate because, even the greats like I.M Peh don't actually do their own designs, they have an idea and a team under them executes the entire project for him but eventually, only his name is associated with the project.
If even architects themselves are saying this... that's scary..
8:14 PM
_Me
Debz
10sept
Virgo
NUS Life Science Major
Ex-NUSHS
MO8601 Grad Class of '08
Archery <3
Taekwondo
Tennis
Photography
Blue Orange
MAN U!!!
_Count
Till The End of My Two Years:
_You
_Wishlist
Driving License!
Samick Masters/W&W Inno CXT riser!!
New carbon arrows!
Paua shell !!! <3
Charms:four leaf clover, x'mas, dog, cross,
_Words
_Past
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
| Get a hit counter here. |