It's always something with you isn't it? Always one thing or another.. and I guess I've just about had it.. You were about the only one that I could at least talk to after everything was over. Maybe it was because I didn't know you very well.. or whatever... such a shame really, you just marred your perfect record..
Today I continued with the firm's page layout for the architecture magazine. For some reason, my architect actually took the time to advise me on the design process and was a little more patient then usual.. For once I managed to use her input and put it to good use. It's very difficult to plan a layout full of odd sized pictures AND also keep everything aligned into neat columns and have them of equal sizes.. Whats worse is that I'm also not allowed to crop or resize any of the pictures.. Well at least I'm able to focus on doing something and learning from it, because I find the day passing quite fast, which means that I'm keeping active.
The downside is, I get mentally tired very easily even though physically I'm still pretty ok.. By the end of the day I feel really wrecked up half the time..
In any case, today's lunch turned out to be a pretty informative one. I learnt that architects don't actually use as much physics as I thought they would. A simple understanding of mechanics would suffice and most of the architects don't even remember the physics they learnt in Uni. Apparently that portion of the brief is undertaken by the engineers who either approve or veto the design and send it back to us. I think this is about the most positive thing I've heard so far considering how physics isn't exactly one of my favourite or strongest subjects.
From what I'm told, even the design process only takes up 5% of the entire project time frame and the rest of the time is spent on overseeing the business and construction process. On site-visits are also part of the job but as the architects agree, its basically a office, desk bound job. I guess its something that requires the person to have a passion and patience for. Some of them have been with the firm for close to 7 years and are still pretty much the same as some of the interns save a difference in pay and experience.
One of them said that even though architecture requires a passion and vision "we still live our dreams through the client's budget"
I guess that's true, also the job apparently requires us to be a jack of all trades, since we would need to be able to do everything from designing, to dealing with the clients and contractors, to overseeing construction..
So even though I wouldn't need to excel in physics, it's kinda disappointing to find out that the focus then shifts to the design process almost entirely. If I wanted design I would have chosen something else ^^ It would be a shame to give up science because I really am hoping to still need it whichever profession I enter.
In any case, I went out after work to celebrate Gen's b'day and watch the Dark Knight! We decided to eat at Canele the new patisserie down at Shaw. The prices are pretty much the same as lets say Cedele? but the desserts all look so YUMMY!
I really like trying out new things on my own.. sometimes it's good to go and eat with someone who isn't afraid to try new things as opposed to waiting for your family to go with you ^^ In any case, after dinner, I eventually treated her to her birthday cake (and let her off her bet with me ^^).
Dessert was this little plate of heaven called Caraibe (the square cake) which is basically, chocolate + hazelnuts (my favourite combination!) and something else which both of us can't quite identify, which wasn't liqueur (but which gave it this extra kick =P)
Dark Knight was AWESOME! Did I ever tell you that I happen to love this latest Batman franchise? I don't usually admit it but I actually think that they did one hell of a job on this latest franchise, just don't let my brother know ^^
I must say that the Joker was very effective because he managed to bring his madness down to a relatable level for the average viewer, which makes it more physiological which I guess is scarier then normal blood and gore. I really CAN'T stand Maggie Gyllenhaal! I mean I don't exactly like Katie Holmes either but I think that she would have been better if she reprised her role. Also I only just realised how good looking Christian Bale actually is.. It might just be his good haircut (I've always been a fan of that haircut.. it's like the "handsome guy" haircut in which most guys tend to look good in ^^) In any case, the people in my office were right. during lunch they kept saying that it felt like the end of the movie came halfway and the second half of the movie was like an extended final scene. I actually did think that it was going to end already several times towards the end but it just kept continuing ^^
There are few movies I would watch twice, but this is one of them! ^^
1:58 AM
_Me
Debz
10sept
Virgo
NUS Life Science Major
Ex-NUSHS
MO8601 Grad Class of '08
Archery <3
Taekwondo
Tennis
Photography
Blue Orange
MAN U!!!
_Count
Till The End of My Two Years:
_You
_Wishlist
Driving License!
Samick Masters/W&W Inno CXT riser!!
New carbon arrows!
Paua shell !!! <3
Charms:four leaf clover, x'mas, dog, cross,
_Words
_Past
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
| Get a hit counter here. |