Anyway here's how it all went.. I'm in the back washing up the stuff (as usual >.<) and so Mr Creepy apparently came and bought something while I wasn't at the counter.. so after lunch rush is all over he comes back up to the counter (and Grace is CONVENIENTLY having lunch >.<) so I have to serve him.. he tries to make casual convo about recognizing me on Sunday when I was there with my family and I just try to get his order over and done with.. then he orders another cup of coffee and explains that he needs it to keep awake because he works in the morning and night and hands me his card while talking about his job (smooth move.. he had a better plan to give me his details then some of the other guys) Then as I key in his order he asks me out.. but by now I've been asked this question too many times already.. especially by people of his age..
So I ask "How old are you?"
He replies "Ah, and the next question which will follow is how old are you[me]?"
I didn't lie.. I told him I'm 18 and he tells me he's 35 which I've already more or less deduced and he says we can still go out..
Basically I just let obvious age gap speak for itself because really I don't think I need to explain why I need to turn him down. I just hand him back his change politely and thank him. I think he was probably waiting for an outright yes or no but eventually he got the hint..
I think this has happened too often to just be a coincidence.. there is something obviously very wrong when you're 30 plus and you're asking an 18 yr old girl out.. I mean I already told Alex to find someone his own age.. surely Mr Creepy doesn't need me to say it to his face too *eyeroll*
Anyway today it was a war-of-the-sexes in the store today. Yesterday the guys did the closing and left the store in a mess and failed to prepare any meat,vegetables or bread for the next morning's opening (knowing full well we have the OFS orders and lunchbox orders to deal with!) Today's lunch rush was madness because here we are trying to serve a large crowd while trying to prepare all the foodstuffs.. Grace was so pissed that toward the end of our shift we ran on bare minimum and when the guys came in for their shift later in the evening, the store was running out of the vegetables with no reserves and the meats were quickly depleting..
It usually works this way:
We prepare everything in the morning to last us the whole day with a few extra preps during the day to top up anything that was selling pretty well that day.
So for the poor guys.. they have to deal with the dinner crowd and prepare food in the back on a skeleton crew =P Serve them right! XD
In any case both of us warned Bryine when he came in so that he doesn't suffer since he wasn't responsible for the closing last night...
It was good to see Bryine again ^^ Somehow seeing him makes me miss the time when he, Ali and I did shifts together.. sigh..
the loaded glance
across the crowded room
11:09 PM
_Me
Debz
10sept
Virgo
NUS Life Science Major
Ex-NUSHS
MO8601 Grad Class of '08
Archery <3
Taekwondo
Tennis
Photography
Blue Orange
MAN U!!!
_Count
Till The End of My Two Years:
_You
_Wishlist
Driving License!
Samick Masters/W&W Inno CXT riser!!
New carbon arrows!
Paua shell !!! <3
Charms:four leaf clover, x'mas, dog, cross,
_Words
_Past
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
| Get a hit counter here. |