The flight went pretty well thankfully. I managed to curb my usually nausea.
We departed from the new T3 which although looks grand, has very little good shopping to offer =(
This is cute ^^
Flying with Daddy working is always the best ^^ I'm always very proud seeing him on flight.
Good thing about it is that we also get alot of yummy food from first class haha!
One of our pilots on the flight was Dr Gary Neo who was a doctor turned pilot. My mum started trying to pair me up with him because she thought he looked quite cute.. man -.-""
We managed to catch a fantastic sunrise from the plane window.
My dad hijacked someone's baby haha I think he's 1/4 IFS and 3/4 flight baby sitter. He never seemed to lose his love for babies ^^
5th Feb
We arrived at an ungodly hour of 6:45am. It was bitterly cold because it's still toward the tail end of winter in Rome.
We could see this really cool rainbow from our hotel room window.
We took a nap and woke up sometime in the afternoon after which we took the hotel shuttle bus into town. We wandered around for a while and stumbled across the Fountain of Trevi.
When did I start looking like my mum and my brother start looking like my dad? o.0

I finally managed to eat the lovely looking pizza which I didn't manage to try the last time I came. We spent the rest of the day leisurely going from shop to shop window shopping.
It's funny how I still remember some of the shops I visited the last time. As we were making our way back to the shuttle bus pick up point, I noticed a sign directing us to the Pantheon!
I'm amazed at how we seem to stumble across monuments even though we never planned on visiting it. My mum was quite in awe of the giant oculus at the top of the dome after hearing so much about this stuff from my art history ^^.
Was on the bus when I noticed this guy juggling infront of traffic for money. Interesting how we never see things like this in Singapore. In the morning there was also this guy who was trying to get paid for washing windscreens. He got cursed at quite a bit cus everyone had just recently washed their cars ^^
Anyway travelling with my parents is always way more fun. We packed along enough food to feed an army! XD So after freezing in the night air outside, we came back and had a hot meal in our room which was just what we needed to send us off to sleep -.-zzZZZ
6th Feb
Dammit I hurt my hand. Some stupid girl in the Hermes boutique slammed the door on my hand and now I don't know how badly it's been hurt. Can't write.. Darn how to do homework like this? Well today we meant to visit the Vatican museum but we ended up walking around shopping and checking out the local markets and eateries.
This is like the MOTHER OF ALL ICE CREAMS (and trust me it was much much larger before we started eating it XD )
After lunch, we headed to the Vatican where I gave a mini tour of the museum and Sistine chapel (from what I could remember of the last time I came)
XD I sneaked a few shots in the Sistine Chapel
I also finally got to visit the Raphael Rooms which I did not get to see the last time.
After that, we headed off to the Spanish Steps where we did more shopping and my hand got slammed in the door. >.< Thankfully we made it back in time for the shuttle bus pick-up. The pick up point happens to be just infront of this cafe where my brother and I made it a point to buy some Bacio everyday ^^ Hey.. we gave them good business. XD
7th Feb
Happiness is finding a forgotten unopened Bacio in your bag XD Yes I know.. I'm very easy to please haha
Today was our last day and we decided to visit the Colosseum in the morning or at least we intended to ^^ As usual, we walked around random streets and I took the opportunity to take plenty of photographs.
We stumbled across the Bocca della Verita along the way (although I had given up hope of ever getting to see it) Some guy put one hand in the mouth and the other in the nostril... man what a retard o.0
Thats my dad pretending he lost his hand in the mouth ^^
Lol we pose when we're lost XD
We finally reached the Colosseum after much walking but my Dad had to sit out because we couldn't bring the Roman dagger my brother bought.
LOL
and now here in Exhibit A...
After that, we had a quick lunch and went to see the statue of Moses in the Saint Pietro di Vincoli.
We did more walking around and we stopped by a flower shop where my dad bought me my favourite type of rose- a white-cream one ^^
The other flowers were all so lovely! Before we headed back to the bus pickup point, we went back to the Fountain of Trevi to buy more of that delicious pizza to bring home. I think now thats become my all time favourite ^^
Anyway as we walked back down the same road for the final time, I noticed a shop that I had not noticed before. It was a leather belt shop and boy did I go crazy haha. So many wonderful leather belts.. interesting thing was that I found three really nice belts at a heck of a bargain.. only 3 euros in total for all! Even cheap belts here don't come down to as low as that. They look pretty good too ^^ I'm so pleased with myself XD
8th Feb
Stupid Italians, they made us rush to board our flight even when we weren't late and then we get grounded for a further 1 and a half hours when we could have done some DUTY FREE SHOPPING.. crap..
Anyway on the last day at the Trevi Fountain, my family was in the shops behind and I was sitting by myself just enjoying the view and some guy comes and sits next to me and tries to pick me up. I just shook my head and ignored him until he left. Ok I mean if that was in Singapore, it wouldn't be so bad but being in Italy, it was a little freaky. My parents are like way protective of me. They keep joking that they need to bring a shotgun along every time I go out with them just in case a guy looks in my direction haha. In Italy everyone looks everyone up and down and all the guys flirt like there's no tomorrow. My mum took it upon herself to glare at any guy who dared to smile in my direction hahaha I think the doctor turned pilot guy is the only one she liked.. must be because he's rich or smth =P
Anyway it was so dry over there that I'm now flaking like nobody's business.. and my hand is ppppain~#
3:55 PM
_Me
Debz
10sept
Virgo
NUS Life Science Major
Ex-NUSHS
MO8601 Grad Class of '08
Archery <3
Taekwondo
Tennis
Photography
Blue Orange
MAN U!!!
_Count
Till The End of My Two Years:
_You
_Wishlist
Driving License!
Samick Masters/W&W Inno CXT riser!!
New carbon arrows!
Paua shell !!! <3
Charms:four leaf clover, x'mas, dog, cross,
_Words
_Past
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
| Get a hit counter here. |