Day 1:
Was a little late actually due to the fact that I
thought the meeting time was 0415 not 0500 =P gathered at Tanjong Pagar Train Station( that place is really old..)
basically milling around and bought dinner till it was time to leave. Sat in compartment 7 where the aircon does not work and ALL of us were packed in.
DaiTi was a real lifesaver during the travelling time although later on Bridge gained favour ( =(but I can't play bridge )
Everyone was still awake till about 1 am except the astro club who wanted to look at the stars. Was riding with yuheng and with eugene and roy on the opposite aisle.. suffice to say it was a noisy first few hours ^^
Day 2:
Got off at 3 am and took a bus to our temporary stop at the Tekam plantation resort. had to wait till it was around 7 before we could start any of the activities.. So we all played more cards for another 4 more hours..
Next morning we have two groups of people.. those with bags under their eyes and yawning away and those looking rested ^^
We were separated into 2 groups, one did flying fox first and the other did rafting first. my group did rafting first and we had to use imaginary money to buy barrels and poles to make a raft, with which we had to use to get across a stream. first day of wet and muddy fun.. our group's raft came back in one piece!! yay grp 2!!
headed back to the resort where we all decided to jump in the pool!!! YAY!! spent about an hour in their until lunch. Everyone was trying to make huge cannonballs in the water.. haha
After lunch my group did flying fox.. we all agree the one we did last year was higher and way faster but this time we had to swim across the lake to get back to our starting point.. the water was quite nice.. so cooling haha
Day 3:
Packed up and headed to the caves @ Gelanggi where we slept the next 2 nights.. the cave is so cool.. had lots of ehem graffiti but never mind it was cool anyway.. fiona and I were stuck by ourselves without a group of four so we had the whole tent to ourselves ^^ yayness.. never had to much space in my tent before.. teachers slept in a chalet down below.. Next day my group did caving first.. Caving was not the problem.. the trekking to each cave through muddy jungle was.. everyone was so scared of leeches and we even had to wade across huge puddles of muddy water.. our shoes will NEVER be the same again.. most of our shoes split open.. luckily mine survived.. pretty slippery that day.. even in the caves.. had to crawl around for a bit..Took a picture of this cave cus the light looks really cool coming in.. I think its called the Marriage Cave if I'm not mistaken..
After lunch we had abseiling and rock climbing.. couldn't take any pictures because I needed my hands to be free.. got a little more then halfway up the rock and I forgot to brake the rope when i was abseiling.. its harder then it look trusts me.. and this was real rock not artificial rock climbing..
Had two leeches bites in total and one mosquito bite.. I didnt' even use insect repellent ^^ but seriously I realised leeches bites are nothing.. there are worse things you could get bitten by..
Day 4:
Next day took a bus to Taman Negara where we had a day of trekking to climb up a mountain to get to the canopy walk. Some of the guides were really evil and shook the trees so we would get wet.. dunno why they like to irritate us..
took group photo on the top of the mountain.
The canopy walkway was really fun.. It makes the one here look so tame.. the view was excellent though but I didn't manage to take much of it..

Trekked some more to a small beach nearby to have lunch and wait for the boats to take us rapids shooting. Rapids shooting was so fun.. I managed to keep my shoes dry by covering it with my poncho^^ but the rest of my was soaking wet.. the other boats kept spraying us with water as they passed and along with the water came many tiny insects as well as one HUGE water spider that crawled up my arm.. yuck.. but I flicked it off and the poor thing died in the process.. Yam fell asleep on the boat ride!! and was still asleep even when we were getting splashed by another boat.. I had to nudge him to wake him up.. LOL
Made our way (dripping wet)back to the Woodlands Resort where we stayed in the backpacker's hostel for the last night. Noticed the Mecca arrow on the ceiling..
Everyone bought tons of snacks for the trip home and we spent the rest of the night playing cards...
Set with Fiona on the way back.. a 10 hour bus ride is so not my style.. I get car (bus)sick too easily.. I played just ONE game of cards and already I didn't feel too well.. Stopped for lunch and a few of us went to pizza hut... yay malaysian pizza is so much nicer.. poor Thejas ate his beef pepperoni.. ow..
Everyone smile!! one two three say leech!!

Pahang was way cool though.. but I have another camp on Thurs >.< gotta go wash my clothes
Some memorable quotes:
"I've lost count of the number of times I've said shit.." - random person from the group after stepping in muddy water
"LEECH!!!" - Fiona
"I'm so not fit" - Ms Tan after last day trek
"I think the biggest leeches around are the students!" - Alex after opening his can of potato chips
12:23 AM
_Me
Debz
10sept
Virgo
NUS Life Science Major
Ex-NUSHS
MO8601 Grad Class of '08
Archery <3
Taekwondo
Tennis
Photography
Blue Orange
MAN U!!!
_Count
Till The End of My Two Years:
_You
_Wishlist
Driving License!
Samick Masters/W&W Inno CXT riser!!
New carbon arrows!
Paua shell !!! <3
Charms:four leaf clover, x'mas, dog, cross,
_Words
_Past
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
| Get a hit counter here. |